HAS YOUR HARD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING? DON’T PANIC, WE CAN HELP!
My hard drive has died, what should I do first?
The most important thing to do is to power off the hard drive, stop using it and do not let anybody tamper with it, or to try and use any software that will scan or modify the disk. This will greatly improve the chances of your data being recovered successfully.
Can you recover my data?
Yes, in most cases we can.
Your best chance of getting your important files back is with Payam Data Recovery. We know what to do, how to do to it and will always do it using the latest technology in a safe and professional way. We will try much harder, spend more time and put in more effort than anybody else to ensure the best possible result.
The most common problems that we see are hard drives with bad sectors/read errors, a damaged PCB, file system/partition corruption and firmware problems. In 99.9 % of these cases, we can recover all the data in good condition.
If your hard drive is making a clicking/ticking/beeping sound, it’s very likely that your hard drive has internal damage to the heads or motor. This is a very common problem, and one in which we specialise.
Our chance of success is lower if the heads are damaged inside the disk (this is usually caused by shock to the hard drive) and there is any damage to the platter. As long as the platter is in good condition, we can usually recover your data even when the heads are damaged or there is a problem with the motor. We can even recover data if there is what we call level 1 or level 2 damage on the disk platter/s. If there is severe damage to the platters (we call this level 3), then the chances of success are very low, but we will try everything possible to at least recover your most important files.
In more than 99% of cases of hard drives that do not have damage to the platters or have been erased and overwritten, the data can usually be recovered!
Data that is generally not recoverable from hard drives is usually due to a badly damaged platter or overwritten data (after it has been deleted or the device reformatted).
Once we start work on your disk we will keep you updated on what we are doing and what we find. We don’t want to get your hopes up, so if for any reason your data cannot be recovered, we will let you know the reason and provide you with as much information as we can.
Don’t risk giving your hard drive with important files to an inexperienced or unprofessional person who may destroy any chance of ever getting your data back. We have the best technology, training, and expertise in the world, with proven track record of successfully retrieving data from all types of hard drive problems no matter how small or big.
We offer a free assessment and quote within 1-2 business days to inform you of the problem, cost and time required to recover your data. Our goal is to help you by offering you the cheapest and fastest method to get your important files back. We always do this in an honest, clear way that makes it easy for you to make an informed decision – we would love to get all of your photos, documents, and other files back for you today.
How much will it cost?
Our prices range from $200 up to $3000 for our Economy Service (non-urgent service), our faster Priority, and Emergency Service options which are more expensive to get urgent service/faster result. The cost will depend on the type of problem your hard drive has, how quickly you need the data back. We always offer a free assessment and quote.
Only after we test it can we determine what the problem is for certain. Once we know, we will give you a written quote before we start work. We will try to offer you the cheapest solution to help get all of your files back in a safe, professional way with a good result.
Logical/Software$200 to $850
Economy Service Price range
- Basic backup service
- File system corruption
- Corrupted partition
- Deleted or re-formatted files
- Lost WD My Book bridge board
- Corrupt BitLocker partition
- ATA security locked drive
Hardware Issues$600 to $900
Economy Service Price range
- Damaged printed circuit board (PCB)
- Firmware corruption
- System area damage
- Bad sectors/read errors
- Broken USB port/SATA port
- Liquid & fire damaged PCB
Clean Room Lab$1500 to $3000
Economy Service Price range
- Damaged heads (clicking/ticking)
- Damaged motor (buzzing)
- Stiction (heads stuck on platters with some damage to platters)
- Fire & liquid damage
- Special case lab for research projects of any kind.
Certified class-100 clean room: Payam Data Recovery is one of only a few companies with a certified class-100 clean room, used for our head replacement, platter transplant, and special case lab. Most data recovery companies outsource clean room jobs to companies like ours or use a laminar flow cabinet instead of a professional class-100 clean room. If you have any doubts – ask to see their clean room. Opening and repairing failed hard drives in an unsuitable environment will greatly reduce the chances of success and may actually cause permanent data loss due to contamination and additional damage to platters. Our clean room is viewable to the public from the reception area at our Sydney, NSW Lab. Come and see it for yourself.
Note: All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
How long will it take?
The time needed to recover your data will depend on what the problem is and how the device responds to any temporary repairs (e.g head replacement, firmware modifications or PCB repairs).
If your hard drive does NOT need a head replacement/clean room work, the average time is 5-10 days or less for our Economy service (non-urgent cases). But if the heads are damaged, there is any damage on the disk platter/s, or after the drive is repaired it is working very slowly (during the disk imaging stage), it will take a lot more time. If you have a deadline you are working with, or need your data back by a set date, we recommend selecting the Priority or Emergency Service instead.
We will keep you informed of the time required and remaining. You can always upgrade from Economy to Priority or Emergency as needed. It is important to know that some data recovery jobs we work on can be done very quickly, while others can sometimes take weeks or months due to severe damage or rare spare parts needing to be ordered in.
How fast is the Priority and Emergency Service?
In some straightforward cases, it may mean you get your data back in 1-2 days. In other cases, it may mean you get your data back in 1 week instead of much longer. If you pay for the Priority or Emergency service, your data recovery request will be given #1 Priority in our lab,and our best data-recovery engineers will work 24-hours a day, 7-days a week to get your data back to you as fast as possible.
Why chose us?
We are your best chance of getting your data back successfully in good condition. We know what to do, how to do it and will always do it in a safe and professional way.
- We have the highest success rate in Australia.
- Australia’s biggest team of data recovery engineers with 5 locations around the country.
- The oldest data recovery company in Australia – we have been around longer than anybody else in our industry.
- We have more Google Reviews with the highest Google Review Ranking of any data recovery company Australia. (Read Testimonials)
- We offer easy payment options: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners, Internet Banking, and EFTPOS are all available at no extra surcharge.
- The most advanced data recovery lab in the country, equipped with the world’s latest data recovery technology and tools, as well as the best equipment money can buy.
- Australia’s best Class-100 Clean Room (come and see it for yourself!)
- 100% privacy and confidentiality guarantee!
- Honest, professional, and safe data recovery services.
- As well as working with companies, we love to help individuals. Our passion is saving baby photos, family memories, and other priceless treasures.
- Call today to speak with an experienced data recovery engineer, not a sales person.
Common HDD problems we recover data from every day:
- Not being detected or recognised by your computer
- Reporting they are not formatted, asking to be formatted
- No power, not spinning
- Detected as the wrong size
- Clicking/ticking sounds
- Beeping/buzzing sounds
- Working very slow, getting slower.
- Able to see some folders but not others. Able to copy only certain files/folders but not others.